How long will the hardwood flooring installation / refinishing take?
The number of days required to do the job will depend on the type and size of the job and the amount of preparation time necessary. Typically, a hardwood flooring installation and finishing project will take 4 – 6 days, refinishing will require 3 – 4 days, and screening and top coating can be done in a day. In addition, plan for 3 – 5 hours drying time for a water-based urethane finish; 10 – 24 hours, depending on the humidity and temperature, for polyurethane. Floors can be walked on after 10 hours, furniture and appliances replaced after 24 hours, and area rugs laid after 10 days.
How much dust will hardwood floor refinishing create?
Our sanding machines do a good job of picking up dust. We are better than most with dust containment. We hang plastic as needed. Your floor will be dust free, but there may be some dust on horizontal surfaces.
How harmful are the hardwood floor refinishing fumes?
Vapors from polyurethane finish may cause headaches, nausea and/ or nervous irritability. Avoid for the first few hours after application.
How do I clean and care for my hardwood floors?
Properly finished hardwood floors are the easiest of all floor surfaces to keep clean. Simply be mindful of moisture and dirt. Spills should be taken care of as soon as possible. Floors should be vacuumed or dust mopped as often as necessary to keep free of dirt. Check our floor care guide for more information.
Why Save an Old House?
According to “rehab Addict” host Nicole Curtis, 6 reasons why Americans should care about saving old homes:
- Because tearing them down is wrecking our history. Countries rich in culture value history and buildings.
- Because it’s bad for our earth. Most of the wreckage will not be salvaged.
- Because you can never replicate these houses once they are gone. The woodwork alone comes from 200- year old trees.
- Because we don’t need new homes. “We have enough vacant homes to put everyone in America in a house,” said Curtis.
- Because we’re losing our uniqueness. “there is something beautiful about traveling through America and seeing its distinct neighborhoods.
- Because of their quality. “When you have a 100- year old home made of timber, not particle board, it is solid.
Re-posted in part from the Denver Post, Saturday, June 15, 2013 Home section
What shape are your hardwood floors?
Van Camp’s would love the opportunity to provide you with superior hardwood floor care. We will apply our careful craftsmanship to your installation or refinishing project.
Feel free to contact us at 1-303-871-8377 today.